Bringing over some of the Northwest Cavegirl Recipes. This one is from Cavegirl Debbie.
Renowned across the globe for her scrummy pavlovas. No matter which party or event Debbie attends she is never without a pavlova in hand… I kid you not! Her non paleo recipe is in the Microsoft cookbook and her pavlova’s have raised a tidy price at auction! My hubby's birthday cake each year is always a Debbie Pavlova. So Debbie couldn’t go empty handed to Thanksgiving this year without a pavlova right?! NO she couldn’t and YES she did it again, a delicious paleo pavlova his time, to share. Paleo pavlova doesn’t go crunchy like regular pavlovas, more of a soft meringue as in lemon meringue. if you like coconut then you will love the cream. Paleo pavlova is super yummy and hit the spot without a doubt!
Thanks Cavegirl Debbie!
Originally published on Southern Crossfit.
Here’s Debbie’s version…
- 6 egg whites
- 150 ml Agave Syrup
- 2 Tbs.Arrowroot
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 2 cans of chilled full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- few drops of vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 300* F
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks start to form, slowly add agave syrup.
- Keep whisking white until peaks start to firm, add arrowroot.
- Finish by adding lemon juice.
- Scoop mix onto grease proof paper to form individual portions, about the size of your fist.
- Place in oven @ 300*F for 10 mins then turn oven down to 250*F and cook for a further 50 mins. Once the hour is up turn oven off and let the pavlovas cool in the oven, do not remove until cool.
- Cream: chill the cans of coconut over night and then scoop off the solid cream in to a bowl
- Add cinnamon and vanilla then whisk
- Serve with fresh sliced strawberries or raspberries (or any fruit you like)
Another great paleo recipe! This lifestyle just keeps getting better and better!