Dark Chocolate Cake with Icing
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 C coconut oil - melted
- 3/4 C coconut flour, sifted
- 1 t baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In small bowl combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl blend with a hand mixer combine eggs, coconut oil, honey, syrup, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and continue to blend.
- Grease two 9" round baking pans.
- Pour batter into (2) 9" round baking pans. Divide evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 3/4 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 C Dark Chocolate chips
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- In a double boiler over very low heat, melt chocolate chips and mix with oil.
- Cool in freezer about 15 min or until mixture seems to be not as liquid.
- Blend with a hand mixer until fluffy