Bringing recipes from Northwest Cavegirls. Cavegirl Kate here...
What makes this salad is the mango salsa!
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 green onions, thinly slices (spring onions)
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp. of fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Dash of chili powder
- 1 Romaine Lettuce
- 2 x Chicken breasts
- Mix all the ingredients except the lettuce in a bowl.
- Let stand for at least 15 mins. Serve on top of the lettuce.
- Grill chicken breasts, slice and add to the salad.
Note: The vegetable mixture without the mango can be made in advance and refrigerated. Add the mango and a dash of lime juice before serving
If you are anything like me, you might need a little lesson on how best to cut and peel your mango. I admit I did and found this very handy youtube video to guide me.